Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I See You But... Do You See Me?

I See You But... Do You See Me?

 "And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and  longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you."
                                 Isaiah 30:18 (Amplified Bible)


“Did you see my sunrise this morning? Did you see my flowers? Have you seen a rainbow lately or watched a cute feline  meticulously wash himself? Have you seen the ducks chasing each other on a lake? Have you been too busy to notice how much I love you—how much I want you to see Me?”
   
When Moses led God’s people out of Egypt, the Lord showed them His glory on Mount Sinai. They saw His greatness. They heard His voice. They saw the mountain burn with fire and learned that God speaks with men.

But, they were afraid. “Hey, Moses, you tell us what God says.” They didn’t want to talk face to face with God. They thought they would die. How foolish! 
   
                          They broke God’s heart. He had extended an invitation. They said no.

God hasn’t changed. He wants you to notice His goodness to you. He wants to have long talks with you.  He wants to hear you say, “Wow, Lord! What a sunrise. What a sunset. The ducks are funny and everything’s so beautiful. You made all this for me? Because you love me?”  

                                 “Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see - how good God is
                                                        Blessed are you who run to him”
                                                                  Psalms 34:8 MSG
       
        Dear Lord,
        Open my eyes to see how good you are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment