Tuesday, December 3, 2013

If

If 
“Then the Devil came to him and said, "If you are God's Son,
 order these stones to turn into bread."

Matthew 4:3 GNT
   

The devil was armed and ready. I’ve waited thousands of years for this moment. Surely it’s going to be a piece of cake just as it had been with Adam and Eve. Ha ha! Oh, I can’t wait to get my claws on the Son of God and watch Him stumble and fall. What a day this is going to be!
 

But stuffed way down in the devil’s memory was the looming prophecy declaring the child of Eve would bruise his head. God had spoken it, but hey, God would lose again…
wouldn’t He? 
Overcome with hunger Jesus looked longingly at the rocks. Oh, Father, we’re almost there. Forty days and nights, no food…no drink but still I have to meet my arch enemy. I’ve got to win back what Adam lost. I’ll do it for them, for my people.

                                             When God ended the fast Jesus would be up and running.

                                                                               The Test


Satan’s eyes gleamed. Oh, look at the hungry Jesus. I’ll get Him when He’s weak. I’ve got a good shot of making Him sin. Then everything will be mine. All mine! (shaking with laughter)

    The devil- “If you’re the Son of God tell these stones to become bread.”
    Jesus - “It is written. I will live by what God says.”

    The devil - “If you’re the Son of God throw yourself down for the angels will catch you and wow—you’ve got a message!”
    Jesus - “I will not tempt God.”

    The devil - “If you bow down and worship me I will give you all the kingdoms of the world.”
    Jesus’ last reply - “I don’t worship you. I worship God.”
                                                   
                                                                         The Victory

As the devil ran with his tail between his legs, angels came immediately and strengthened Jesus. The enemy had jeered at Him, “If—You’re the Son of God.” What audacity! Jesus knew who He was and He didn’t change His story.

Neither should you. No devil can push you around. You’re a King’s kid, a child of God, full of worth and value No ands, ifs, or buts about it!
       
 “Jesus returned to Galilee powerful in the Spirit.
That he was back spread through the countryside
.”
Luke 4:14 MSG
   
 Dear Lord, I won’t forget I’m yours and I’ll act like it too. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment