Saturday, March 29, 2014

Hiding--with Excellence



 Hiding--with Excellence
“I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. If I must die for doing it, I will die.”
Esther 4:16b

Esther walked with Mordecai as he made his way to work at the palace in Shushan. Within the palace were treasures beyond this teenager's imagination.
Mordecai, a Jew whose position at the palace placed him at the gate, saw and heard the all the latest news. He heard the news when Queen Vashti was banished by the king. He heard the news when King Xerxes interviewed young virgins. And Mordecai heard the news when Esther, his adopted daughter, was chosen to be the new queen.
One day, Mordecai heard shattering news that Haman, the King’s prime minister, had set a date to kill, all the Jews throughout the provinces of Persia.
He ran to Esther. “You have been chosen for such as time as this”
“But if I go before the king and he refuses me I could die.”
“Isn’t this why God placed you in the palace… to save a nation?”
”I will go before the King, but fast and pray with me and my maids for three days. And if I die…I die.”
Esther was hidden within a palace to change her world. She was not swept away with fame nor was she idle, pompous and demanding. She shone like a star, the meaning of her name, remaining virtuous and pure—excellent. And the king loved her. When he saw his queen he saw a girl who was a beauty because she was sweet and excellent.
Where are you hidden?  Are you hidden in your gym class, or concert band? Does the Lord have you hidden in English class, the football team or the school cafeteria?
“What if my teachers ridicule me? I could go to jail!”
“You have been chosen for such a time as this.”
“I’ll have no friends.”
“Esther was a compassionate courageous teenager who lived 2500 years ago. Shine like a star! Be excellent and save your friends. A nation is on the brink of extinction. Go!”
Dear Lord,
Make me an Esther. I will shine for You!


No comments:

Post a Comment