Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Beast - Great People Give God Glory



The Beast
“and boasted, ’Look at this, Babylon the great! And I built it all by myself, a royal palace adequate to display my honor and glory!’"
Daniel 4:30 (MSG)

A once mighty monarch sat in the wilderness. He had long since gone wildly insane and become like a beast in the field.

As he ate the tender grass alongside the oxen, tears streaked his once regal face and he shrieked, “Oh my God, what have you done to me?
Look at my hands, Lord. My nails are like birds’ claws. My hair
has grown like eagles’ feathers. I loathe this grass and the dew wets my body each day.”

Cries pounded his broken soul. “I have become a beast. My kingdom is stripped away just as Daniel said. I paraded through my palace… was in awe of my grandeur. I…was the great
Nebuchadnezzar!
My pride has repulsed you. Now I am judged. Is there yet hope for me, God? Will you hear my plea, see my heart?  I have sinned against you. You…are God. Only you…are to be worshiped.”
And the great king fell on his face before God while sobs wracked his body. What happened next is not a fairy tale but the Word of the living unchangeable God!
“And I, Nebuchadnezzar, the once mighty king of Babylon had my mind restored
and my hands became once more virile and strong. My hair was transformed and glistened in the sun. And I rose up and worshiped the one true King and my kingdom was returned to me.”
Today you will find King Nebuchadnezzar somewhere around the throne of God
He will be worshiping the King whose kingdom has no end!

Dear Lord, I bow my knee to you. Use me for Your glory. I surrender. Thank you!













No comments:

Post a Comment