Monday, March 11, 2013

He Chooses Me?



Day Two: He Chooses Me?
“Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us
and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.”
Ephesians 1:4 NLT
**Don't miss Macy's review before posting your own comment!


     It can’t be true. I don’t believe it!  God chose me? He knew me before creation, sent His only Son, and chose me? Doesn’t He choose the beautiful people, the ones my friends admire? Doesn’t He choose the teacher’s pet and the gifted athlete that receives applause from the world? If I’m simple enough to believe that the Almighty would search me out, I’m in for a big disappointment. I’ll settle for being average. I’ll aspire to no expectations, and avoid let down and certain rejection.
     “What’s that you say, Lord? Am I reading you right?”

“Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise
in the world's eyes, or powerful, or wealthy when God called you. Instead, God deliberately chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose those who are powerless to shame those who are powerful.”
I Corinthians 1:26-27 NLT
           
     “Really, Lord? I want to believe that. Can there be something more? If I’m chosen, what am I chosen for? And what if I reject this wonderful news that I am chosen by God? What if I trust in my own self-assessment? Will I have any regret?”

Dear Lord,
     Make me bold to take you at your Word. I choose you!


Review by Macy-
"God chose me, and that means I need to follow Him and what he has planned for my life. He has chosen everything that I will do and I am excited to see what he has in store"


           

No comments:

Post a Comment