Tuesday, September 10, 2013

But--There are Giants

 But—There are Giants!
Please leave your own comment after reading Jacob's. Tell us your story!
  
“And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.”
Numbers 13:33 (KJV)
            
       No way! I’m not going to even try. Me, do that? It’s too hard. Besides…everyone will laugh at me. Who am I trying to fool anyway?  It’s too risky. And so you sit on your hands and watch others achieve what you feared to attempt. You are not supposed to live that way.!
 

       God told His people to go into Canaan. It was their land for the taking. The Lord said He would be with them. He would give them victory. Well, as soon as they saw the giants they felt like grasshoppers and weaklings. They acted the way they felt. They were afraid to battle giants. They had forgotten God was with them.  The giants looked at them and sneered, “What a bunch of sniveling babies.”
    

       You are no sniveling baby. You are a King’s kid. When you walk on campus, walk tall and smile. Keep your head up. Don’t walk with it down. Be confident because you are God’s child. He wants you to have lots of confidence. The devil wants to take it from you. Don’t be ashamed of your dreams.
 

        How do you think Jesus walked? When God said, “This is my beloved Son. I’m pleased with Him.” Did Jesus say, “Well, I don’t know about that.”? Of course not! Men tried to shame Him but He kept on doing His Father’s work. He paid no attention to the bullies!
 
I dunno what hit me, man!

“God, your God, chose you out of all the people on Earth for himself
as a cherished, personal treasure.”

Deuteronomy 7:6 MSG
        
Dear Lord, I know you are always with me. I will not be afraid. I will not be ashamed. I am confident in your great love for me!




Don't think lowly of yourself or else everyone else will too. Think highly of yourself and so will the people around you. Look to God to help you remain confident. 


Keep you head up and BE confident!

No comments:

Post a Comment