Saturday, January 10, 2015

What If They Hate Me?


Understanding Your Worth and Value
God Has a Plan for Your Life

What if They Hate Me?
 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.”
Jesus the Christ the Son of the Living God (John 15:18)

“I don’t like what Stephen’s doing. It’s …an outrage!”
“Aw come on. He’s just passing out food to some needy widows.”
“Well, that’s not it. It’s the way he takes care of them that irks me! These women are getting healed and all kinds of miracles are happening. Makes us church
leaders look like idiots!”
“Oh, yeah. We can’t do those miracles. Looks like these Christians have a bunch of followers. So… what are we going to do about it?”
“We’ve got to stop this man. We‘re losing our grip with the people.”
“Maybe we can make up a lie about him.”
“Great idea! That’ll stir up the people. If we play our cards right, we’ll get them into such a rage that they’ll take care of the problem themselves. ”
“You mean like stoning him to death?”

“Yeah………………!”
And so Stephen, God’s honorable man was arrested and stood on trial before the religious ruling party. Lie after lie was thrown at him. Stephen’s face shone like an angel. Looking toward
heaven he said, “I see Jesus, standing at the right hand of God.” Next thing he knew, Stephen was being rushed upon by violent men and dragged to an open field. Big stones were hurled at the innocent man.
 Stephen cried, “Lord, I’m yours. Take me home.”
 Stephen even prayed for his murderers.
“Father, forgive them!”

And Stephen fell asleep and flew to heaven on angel’s wings.

Now you may say, “That’s not how I want to live.”
Chances are good you’ll never be crucified or stoned. But do you really want to live a ho-hum life? Do you really care if men think you’re strange because you love Jesus? Many are passing into hell as you read this.
If you call Him Lord you are a change agent. Get with other change agents.       You are lion
You are lioness
Let your roar arise
Change your world!
Dear Lord, I want my life to count. Your life counted and now You're with me. We can do this! Please show me!

No comments:

Post a Comment