Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Argument!



God has a plan for you


The Argument!



“Cain said to the LORD, ‘My punishment is more than I can bear.’”
Genesis 4:1 
Cain was seething. He was upset with God but especially his brother, Abel.

“Why don’t you like my offering, Lord? I did my best. What’s wrong with giving you fruits and vegetables? I brought them
from my own garden.”

“Well Cain, you didn’t bring a
lamb. That’s what I expected from you.”

And Cain sat in his tent and sulked about Abel and how God liked his lamb but disliked Cain’s vegetables.
“Not fair, Lord. I didn’t want to ask Abel for one. I don't want to look weak."
“The nerve of Abel…this isn’t right! Does he think he’s better than I?"
Now God loved Cain. God had a great plan for his life. So God showed up.
“Cain, sin wants to push you around. You have a choice. You can obey me or listen to Satan… and lose!”
Sad to say, Cain didn’t listen to God. He was jealous of Abel and of God’s favor on him. He slaughtered him in the field and hoped no one would find out.
His little brother was dead.
The first murder had been committed.
And Cain lived the rest of his life as a vagabond an outcast...…always running. God placed a mark on him so no one could kill him, never the less, Cain never walked into the dream God had planned for him.
How sad!
Don’t miss the plan God has for you.
Learn His ways.
Obey His voice.
He loves—YOU!  
Dear Lord, teach me to love you. I need you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment